You can follow Catherine on Twitter @catkurilla
Catherine is a Senior Research Analyst in the Institutional Research (IR) department at Central Piedmont Community College (CPCC) in Charlotte, NC. She has also worked as a Senior Research Analyst in Institutional Research at Binghamton University (SUNY) and as a Research Specialist at the Children and Family Research Center at the University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign. Catherine is an experienced SAS programmer, with over 7 years of SAS programming experience. At CPCC she is responsible for state and federal mandated reporting, providing up-to-date data on the IR website (e.g., graduation rates, retention rates, enrollment, grades, etc.), completing the college Fact Book each year, capturing frozen snapshots of data to be used in analysis, serving on multiple committees, and producing any type of college-related data as needed by others on campus in order to make decisions to best serve the approximately 60,000 students who attend CPCC each year.
Education & Professional Experience:
- 2004 – B.S. in Psychology from Marywood University, Scranton, PA.
- 2006 – M.A. in Psychology from Marywood University, Scranton, PA.
- 2006 to 2010 – Senior Research Analyst, Institutional Research at SUNY Binghamton, Binghamton, NY.
- 2010 to 2012 – Research Specialist, Children and Family Research Center at the University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign.
- 2012 to Present – Senior Research Analyst at Central Piedmont Community College, Charlotte, NC.